Hit Like A Girl Contest Kicks Off Today:
All previous entrants except grand prize winners can re-enter.
The 2014 Hit Like A Girl Contest officially launched today January 24, 2014, the first day that female drummers can upload their videos to enter the contest. Hit Like A Girl is the world’s only drumming contest for women, an online competition that runs from January to April each year.
Tips to remember:
1. Anyone can enter, including previous contestants. Only the grand prize winner is barred from entering the contest a second time.
2. The voting is different this year. From January 24 to February 28 we will select weekly winners who are automatically entered into the finals. Then in March fan voting will determine wild card finalists.
3. All are welcome. There are two age groups: Under 18 and 18+. Your age on January 24, 2014 determines which group you are in.
4. Everyone wins. Show your style and join the community of female drummers by entering. Everyone who enters will win either sticks, heads, swag or a digital goodie bag including memberships, lessons, and more. The top ten finishers will have a chance to win drum sets, bags, cymbals, sticks, microphones, tuners, and other accessories.
5. Stay tuned to our Facebook page at facebook.com/hitlikeagirlcontest for interviews, empowering stories, and contest tips.
*Don't forget to follow us on Instagram (hitlikeagirlcontest) and Twitter (HLAGcontest), and tag us in your posts!